Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/56080/domains/varnam.nationalinterest.in/html/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-hooks.php on line 160

Weekend Movies

Like “Indian Ink”:http://indianink.bloghosts.com/archives/000157.html, I too went to see “The Rise of the Machines”:http://us.imdb.com/Title?0181852 this weekend. Compared to T1 and T2, this one is souless. The movie is lot of explosions and no story. (Ok, there is a story, which is the same as T2). Arnold is not even convincing as a robot.

But then I saw “The Guru”:http://us.imdb.com/Title?0280720 which is an insult to everything, Indians, intelligence etc and it is not even funny. And this is a film whose executive producer is Shekhar Kapur.

So if you want to like T3, then see Guru first.

7 Responses to Weekend Movies

1. ind July 7, 2003 at 11:12 am #

I think Arnold deserves an Oscar for this role, have a heart, man.

2. Srijith July 7, 2003 at 6:08 pm #

I have long stopped seeing movies with Arnold and Silvester, expect maybe one or two Rocky series. No way am I gonno watch T3. I have even decided not to watch Charlie’s Angels.

As of now, I have been avoiding a lot of movies. Charlies, T3, Hulk, Bruce Almighty etc, for good, my friends tell me :)

3. Shanti July 7, 2003 at 7:53 pm #

Actually, I thouoght the ending of T3 was kind of neat – very gutsy and very different.

4. Shanti July 7, 2003 at 7:54 pm #

5. Manish July 7, 2003 at 10:20 pm #

i liked it….what did u expect? i mean its a mindless action…it was pretty cool…he tried to be funny too…(talk to the hand), i did not go with any expectations..and i liked it…

Have u seen Mr and Mrs Iyer?

6. Srijith July 8, 2003 at 3:59 pm #

>>Srijith, Bruce Almighty is actually pretty good if you are looking for some laughs.

But I have heard that all funny scenes have already been shown in the trailer and there is nothing much more than that :]

7. Shanti July 8, 2003 at 4:14 pm #

LOL, to some extrent, yes :)